i-CARE* Volunteer Trainer
i-CARE* Volunteer Training Program @ AAF
The i-CARE (i-CARE= individualized canine adoption readiness and enrichment) program is a special program at Animal Adoption Foundation (AAF) for highly committed volunteers who want to make a difference in the lives of AAF's dogs. Specifically, volunteers (aka "CAREgivers) will:
- help teach AAF dogs valuable "life skills" that will improve dogs' adoptability; this will include teaching dogs a set of core "obedience" and "life" skills;
- help dogs overcome particular issues that may be keeping a dog from getting adopted;
- provide individualized enrichment & important social contact for AAF's dogs;
- partcipate in sessions that are structured and involve working other volunteers; thus, a willingness to work with others is assumed;
- may be asked to do a limited amount outside reading that supports the hands-on work we are doing;
- be in sessions facilitated by animal trainer, Eileen Udry, Ph.D. along with co-trainers, Kara M. and Sara S.
The Winter 2013 offerings of the i-CARE program are being offered at the following times:
Group A: Mondays 1:30- 4 pm (March 18-May 20)
Group B: Tuesdays 4 pm -6 pm (March 19- May 21)
Group C: Thursdays 1:30- 4:00 pm (March 21- May 23)
Group D: Fridays 1:30- 4:00 pm (March 22-May 24)
Group E: Saturdays 1:30- 4:00 pm (March 23-May 25)
You choose the day of the week that you are most regularly available (i.e., you don't have to be available during ALL the session times noted above; you simply choose which "section" or "sections" best suite your schedule). Participants should be able to attend at least 8 of 10 sessions for reasons of safety and continuity of skill development. Please do not sign-up if making this commitment is not realistic for you (as the AAF shelter dogs in your CARE will be terribly disappointed :)
To be eligible for this program volunteers must:
- have completed AAF's CARE Level 3 training by the start of the session you sign up for;
- be able to attend at least 80% or more of the sessions; and,
- have a love of dogs and be open to the lessons they teach us!
How Do I Say "Yes!"?
This program is different than many other volunteer opportunities at AAF because it asks volunteers to sign-up in advance and for a commitment that spans several months.
Registration is open to 4 volunteers/session or until 24 hours in advance of the program, whichever comes first. A minimum of 2 people must be signed up for a group or the not be held. If a group is cancelled due to low enrollment, those who have signed up will be notified.
To sign-up for the i-CARE: Use the ""Register" button at the top of this page (or go to: http://icare4dogsataaf.eventbrite.com/. Once you submit the registration form you'll receive a confirmation email letting you know your registration has been received.
Need More Info?
For questions about the i-CARE program or more information contact:
Eileen Udry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Animal Adoption Foundation
2480 Ross Millville Rd
Animal Adoption Foundation
The Animal Adoption Foundation is a no-kill shelter (non profit) for dogs and cats that have been abused or abandoned. AAF provides a safe and humane environment for dogs and cats that are waiting to be adopted. Our caring volunteers and generous, donors enable us to provide a safe and haven for our special friends. Please read about our volunteer programs and opportunities!
Visit our website: www.aafpets.com; or "like" us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/AnimalAdoptionFoundation